Wednesday 24 May 2017

What's in the postbox #4

welcome to this weeks what's in the postbox.
this weeks postbox is a  mixed bag there are a few nice items .

Item 1

The first item is 5 CR2032 batteries to go with the a set of battery holders that I ordered they just haven't shown up yet I have used one of the batteries to test so leds .

 Item 2

the second is a mini Arduino board the main idea I have for this at the moment is to make and run a small light and sound circuit I am working on with a few different modes that can be switched between check back at a later date for  that project.

 Item 3

The third item is a small surface mount practice board for me to practice surface mounting components I mainly have this to try a heat gun method that I have been shown I will update with my progress.

 Item 4

the fourth item today is a set of small wire cutters they work really well on component leads and small wires that can be tricky to cut with bigger wire cutters I will give full review of the in a future Toolbox Thursday.

 Item 5

now on to the next item that is a carbon filter for the solder fume exactor project I got them to help with removing harmful fumes.

 Item 6

the sixth item is a small box of flux that I picked up because I was getting low on flux and it was cheap I haven't used it yet but I'm sure it will do the job.

 Item 7

the next item on the list is a step down circuit that is rated from 3- 40volts input and 1-35volts output the main reason I got this was to reduce a 19volt power supply I have down to 9volts so it can safely run a radio I have.


Item 8

the eighth Item is a USB powered soldering iron that is going to shown in more detail in tomorrows Toolbox Thursday so check back to see a review .

Item 9

 The last item is a set of anti-static tweezers I they are made of plastic for seem to work really well I picked up a few surface mount components and removed some small ribbon connectors inside an phone that I repaired for a friend so very pleased to add these to my ever growing tweezer collection .

Thanks for checking out this weeks postbag 

Dobby

No comments:

Post a Comment

dobby repairs

Hi everyone I know that I haven't posted on here for quite some time  I probably won't be posting on here again for a while but I wa...

Total Pageviews