Monday 1 May 2017

Circuit Monday #1 Dark sensor

Welcome to the first circuit Monday this will be a weekly post based on bread boarding and Fritzing layouts with a quick run through of how the circuit works.

Today's circuit is a dark sensor.


Components needed 


100k resistor X1

photoresistor X1

Led X1

Jumper wires

Bread board

The main aim is to allow a led to come on when it gets dark which can be used in  night lights and other projects.



Setup

I connected my 100k resistor to the + line of the broad the used a jumper wire to the other end leading to a unused row after that I added two jumper wires to the same row as the jumper wire coming from the resistor following on from that I connect the free ends of the jumper wires to different unused rows I then add the photoresistor to one of the rows I just added the jumper wires to then connecting the other end of the photoresistor to the - line of the broad then I add the + side of the led to remaining jumper wire then finally I connect the - side of the led to the same row as the - side of the photoresistor.


How it works 

The photoresistor has a high resistance when its dark and a lower resistance when the light is hitting the photoresistor using this information I have build the circuit to take advantage of the high resistance caused by the dark which means when its dark the current will flow into the led.


Fritzing layouts




Let me know what you think about this in the comments 

Dobby











No comments:

Post a Comment

dobby repairs

Hi everyone I know that I haven't posted on here for quite some time  I probably won't be posting on here again for a while but I wa...

Total Pageviews