Friday 19 May 2017

Review of Digital Multimeter XL830L and a set of multimeter test probes

In what's in the postbox #3 I  showed these to products one which being a DMM that was given to me by a fan call Peter and other being a set of multimeter probes and connecters and they are going to be used together I thought I'd review them that way.

 
Lets start  with the DMM XL830L its a very well made meter with a few nice features it is a simple as most meters are to use and from my testing it's readings seem to be right on the money .

now lets talk about the features it has  starting with its transistor tester which I tried with a few different transistors and even a led which lit up so I could use this to test them before I put them in projects

the other features id like to talk about are the backlight and the hold button both of which are very helpful I have used the back to help it cars and tight spaces that would normally be really hard to see the screen in and the hold feature is a great little thing to help with testing and checking components.

overall a great meter for the hobbyist which I am really grateful for

now on the test probes these are cheap probes that come with a mixture of probes and connectors so far I have found the crocodile clips  the most useful but I'm sure I will end up using all of them in the future .
the leads seem well made for the price and have screw in connecters at both ends which makes changing the connecters very easy and quick I have use two of the banana plugs at one end to connect the leads to my DMMs I have tested all the connectors and they are very accurate.
for the £2.43 I paid for them I feel they are very good value for money .
below is pictures of all the connectors




thanks for reading this Dobby

No comments:

Post a Comment

dobby repairs

Hi everyone I know that I haven't posted on here for quite some time  I probably won't be posting on here again for a while but I wa...

Total Pageviews