Sunday 23 July 2017

Project day #12 flexible light


Good afternoon folks and welcome to another Project day this weeks project is a flexible light 



Why I made this project 

I made this project to give a small flexible light that I could use in tight spaces and with my helping hand project that I made in Project day #6 also because I wanted to use up a car head light blub 


Parts Needed

  1. a led car head light blub 
  2. a switch 
  3. a 12v battery holder and battery 
  4. a flexible coolant pipe 
  5. a project box






Step one 

To start is to dismantle the car head light this is done my straitening the leads out and twisting the plastic cover at the bottom of it


Step two

Now solder two lengths of wire onto the led bulb and then feed the wire into the coolant pipe


Step three

It's now time to drill two holes into to the top plate of the project box one for the coolant pipe (12mm) and another for the switch (6mm)

Step four

Fit the switch and coolant pipe into the top plate

Step five

solder the wire coming from the positive lead of the led to the switch 

Step six

solder the positive lead of the battery pack to the switch 

Step seven

Join the negative wires of the led and battery pack together

Step eight

Connect the top plate to the bottom and the project is finished 



How I could make this better  

I'd like to make this bigger with a few more lights and make it powered from the mains as well as the battery .






Don't forget to check out the daily dobby on social media Facebook   Twitter 

Thanks for taking the time to read this if you liked what you've read then please check back tomorrow after 17.00bst for another update thanks again. Dobby 

No comments:

Post a Comment

dobby repairs

Hi everyone I know that I haven't posted on here for quite some time  I probably won't be posting on here again for a while but I wa...

Total Pageviews