Wednesday 11 July 2018

Washing Machine Repair Basics What Tools You Need

Hi folks in this update I will go over the basic tools you need to repair a washing machine I know this will only be a short list of items so I will explain why I think you need these tools and show you what tools I am using at the moment .

Lets get started...…….



The first tools you need is a good selection screwdrivers these are the main tools you use in the repair of washing machines.

I use the set that are seen in the picture above it has a three cross head drivers and four flat head drivers as well a bit driver which I can use the bits in the picture below. I can also use the sockets in the picture but I my opinion its better to use a ratchet with sockets so that is why I have included a socket set on this list.

The next tool on the list is a socket set I use the set you can see in the picture below.

The set has two ratchets one of which is a 3/8 and the other 1/2 and it has a wide range of sockets the ones I use the most are the 7,8, and 10 mm ones on most machines I've fixed so far but its always useful to have other sizes for when they are needed.

The next tool is a multimeter  I use the one below this is for fault finding I use it for checking switches, motors and much more .

Moving on to the next tool which is are a few pairs of pliers these a used for removing clips from pipes and to help get stubborn spade connectors off.



Another thing you might find helpful are a camera you can use this to take picture of things like where cables and plugs go as well how you have taken the machine apart .

I hope you found this basic tool guide helpful and I look forward to sharing more information on repairing washing machines and other things very soon 





No comments:

Post a Comment

dobby repairs

Hi everyone I know that I haven't posted on here for quite some time  I probably won't be posting on here again for a while but I wa...

Total Pageviews