Tuesday 24 July 2018

Eyepiece Light Project Part 2 Playing With The TLC5916

Hi folks welcome to part 2 of the eyepiece light project in this part I will show you one of the possible IC that I may use the TLC5916 you can check the Datasheet  this is an 8-channel Led sink Driver .
after a bit of playing around I found that it needed to have a micro controller to work which is a pain but I hooked up my Arduino and found some code online you can find that here  and had it working.

The TlC5916 can easily power the 4 leds as I want and I could run twice the leds I was planning to of a 5volt supply which is one of my goals for this project and with a little bit of coding I will be able to get constant light rather than flashing leds but I will cover that if I decide to use this IC.
After some thoughts about size of the final board I thought I would see is I could run it of a Arduino mini and it  does run so maybe I can use a pic micro controller as a smaller option I will let you know as soon get one to try .

Thanks for reading what IC would you use ? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

dobby repairs

Hi everyone I know that I haven't posted on here for quite some time  I probably won't be posting on here again for a while but I wa...

Total Pageviews