Friday 13 July 2018

Draper Cordless Driver Teardown and Quick Fix

Hi folks today I thought I would show you a quick teardown  of  a cordless driver that belonged to my granddad and had stopped holding a charge which I had put down to a failed battery as it turns out one the metal tabs joining the batteries together had broken so I used a bit of solder to reconnect  it and that fixed the problem so now onto the pictures of the teardown as well a little bit text explaining what your seeing.
 this is the driver it has two screws in this side and seven in the other side
 after removing the screws I pulled a removed the black plastic ring that holds the driver together
 as you can see the driver opens in half with one side holding the parts
 here is the battery pack that was the problem as you can see they have come apart
 a better look at the rest of the parts
 here is the inside of the chuck
 and here is the chuck part
 here is the motor that drives the chuck
 here is a picture the batteries as you can see they are not connected together
 here is better picture of the power jack and switch
 here is the connections on the switch board
 here is the batteries after they have been desoldered  from the switch board

 checking the battery for charge as you can see the voltage is ok

here is the switch after desoldering the motor and batteries
 here is the quick fix  as I said at the start I just used some solder to reconnect it
that ends this quick teardown now have it back together and working but I have been thinking about making a few mods to it such as replacing the batteries and making it chargeable via usb  

I hope you liked this post 




No comments:

Post a Comment

dobby repairs

Hi everyone I know that I haven't posted on here for quite some time  I probably won't be posting on here again for a while but I wa...

Total Pageviews