Tuesday 7 August 2018

Eyepiece light project Part 4 making things smiple

Hi Folks welcome to Part 4 of the eyepiece light project in this part we will talk about a change to the chip and the power supply for the project .

 I've decided to change to the sn74hc595 chip an I can run it without a mico controller and for this project I think it will make it easier to prototype. I have the chip set up with power and ground on pins 16 and 8 I also have a 1000k resistor on pin 13 with is the output enable pin and then I have leds attached to 4 of the outputs.
you can find the data sheet here

as for the power supply for the project I'm using 2 of these button cell batteries giving me 6 volts  in total which gives me plenty power .
here you can see the very simple breadboard layout


here is the project working its pretty bright but I am going to add some low value resistors to help the the leds last longer and run slightly less bright but I will left you know what value I choose after some testing .


thanks for reading 



No comments:

Post a Comment

dobby repairs

Hi everyone I know that I haven't posted on here for quite some time  I probably won't be posting on here again for a while but I wa...

Total Pageviews